Dec 18, 2010

Sour Cream Container Tutorial

Sour Cream Container

Today is my day to show you how to make something over at Frosted Designs. So I decided on this wonderful little treat.



I have been making these little containers for a long time, you make these as simple or as fancy as you want. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Supply:

  • Card stock 4x5
  • Super sticky Glue
  • Paper Crimper
  • Treat
  • Embellishments
Step 1:Cut your card stock 4"x5"

Step 2: Apply sticky tape to the 4" reverse side of the paper as well as the middle of the bottom half and halfway on the top. As seen below.




Step 3: Roll paper like a cylinder from 4" to 4". (Like a paper towel roll). Next adhere one side.

Step 4: Fill with a treat, it could be candy, buttons for your crafting friends, ribbon, erasers.... ect....ect....



 Step 5:
Close the other end in the opposite direction as seen below.

 
 
Step 6: Crimp both sides and embellish!!!

I used mine as ornaments that I can give to my guests. I punched a hole in the middle, added thread then ribbon and an embellishment.


I hope you enjoy making these with your family. Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions.

3 comments:

Barb Craft said...

Esther... this is such a fun, festive idea! I love that it serves as a decoration and a gift! Two for one!! Thanks for the wonderful tutorial!
Barb :)

TheLastOfNine said...

Never thought of these as ornaments, what a great idea. I made them for my son's class a couple of years ago and the kids loved them.
Gloria

Debbie said...

What a clever idea Esther!